Service Delivery Model
שירותי תמיכה מבחוץ
Informed by each child's individual interests and needs within the framework of our well-established curriculum, JCDS engages students in rigorous, responsive and differentiated learning. Our student services teams work with individual students in and out of the classroom to help manage both academic and behavioral challenges. In keeping with our proactive school culture, Student Services supports classroom teachers in the development and implementation of classroom curriculum and structure that supports a variety of learning styles. Student services also communicates with parents to keep them informed about their child's experience in and outside of the classroom.
How We Support Our Students
- Lower School and Middle School Learning Specialists provide small group instruction to students identified as having difficulties in a variety of academic areas.
- Middle School Learning Center is available to students who have been recommended for previewing or reviewing of curriculum and other skills practice.
- The Support team helps classroom teachers in providing differentiated instruction for students.
- Assess individual students' learning styles and social, emotional or behavioral needs and provide resources within the school.
- The Support Team facilitates conversations with outside providers of instruction or therapy
- Initiate a carefully developed protocol, which ensures an individualized response when a concern emerges.
- Assist the faculty in implementing the recommendations of a child's individualized Support Plan written by the Support Team in conjunction with outside evaluations.
- Provide assistance to parents in finding appropriate external services or resources when needed.
- Meet regularly with parents to discuss students progress and evaluation.
"Two of our children have received wonderful support from Student Services at JCDS; one for a language-based learning challenge, and the other for issues of organization and completion of assignments. The learning specialists have been both professional and helpful, and they have really helped our children succeed in school and feel good about themselves and their education."